What are the benefits of doing workouts?
There are many benefits of doing workouts, such as:
•It can help you lose weight.
• It can increase your energy levels.
• It can reduce stress levels.
• It can improve your flexibility and range of motion.
• It can reduce back pain and improve your posture.
Workouts are a great way to connect with the people in your area or locality more often than you otherwise might, if these workouts become a habit then they will no longer be an issue. Here is something else I learned while researching this piece: "Regular exercise positively impacts organizations' bottom line by increasing productivity through reduced absenteeism, improved quality of work-life [sic], increased vigor, and reduced risk of injury."
The bottom line here is treating exercise as work will be both beneficial to the individual physically AND emotionally. I hope that you have found this article at least a little bit useful; please feel free to let me know what you think in the comments below! Links Needed: It is always hard to find something that started as one thing but has become a myriad of things when it helped you not only in the present time through what happened before or after. I am glad that writing this post went pretty well, and I hope someday we will do another like this with some fun recipes or stories! Thank You for Reading~ -Gunnar Powered by Finally, A Study On Diet and Setbacks When I was in high school one of my biggest goals at that time was to become a pro basketball player.
I used that goal as the main motivation for playing my sports each day, except on those days when it wasn't or where practices were canceled. I got maybe 2-3 practices a week because I worked at the grocery store during my free time and was told not to show up for those by our coach. After that, I played summer basketball alone so it was rarely "game" like situations where there would be passes or shots to attempt -- these were games against very little competition.
Once in a while, I'd get in some actual 3v1 (aka pick one of you on defense and the other 2 on offense, in between those times I was 1v1 or 6'wide) but rarely. Even then I often got frustrated with how little of a role as an "offensive threat" sometimes partial [sic] had to play compared to someone who did some pump faking every time they corralled the ball (I don't remember if that's what we called it). Maybe there are pro basketball fans out there who would get a kick out of this one. Years later, I read an article in the New York Times that compared two identical twins. The difference they were discussing was related to their performances as weekend warriors in high school sports -- one twin was jealous and obsessive with his pro athlete dreams while the other lacked such goals. The author concludes that the one who lacked goals and competitiveness "had higher levels of empathy and spontaneity in sports, lower anxiety [sic], and a better mental health."
The article goes on to supportability [sic] this finding by citing some other studies looking at how genetics can affect athletic ability. But let me stop you there -- I'm not going so far as saying this person has superior sporting mental fortitude; far from it. This was a person who (looking back), had low peer pressure and confidence issues, lower desire to test his limits, and underperformed because he lacked motivation/confidence in himself; therefore we can infer that the lack of intensity and drive to be involved didn't correlate with naturally high abilities either. And what about those pro athletes I mentioned? They were genetically endowed with extra toughness... empathy for others' suffering (people are naturally compassionate and often high-strung for no other reason than an awareness of others' suffering), ability to talk people through the crisis (empathy is a large part of this).
The study in regards to pro basketball players was about dominance, grit, and endurance when it comes to driving offense. But if we're applying psychological [sic] theory as you suggest this should make us note that these athletes lacked self-confidence... and poor self-confidence is a genetic dysfunction that affects goal strivings. All these studies and the discussion above clearly illustrate how psychologic [sic] theories are inapplicable for at least the part relating to athletic performance. but let's move on to your assertion that it takes mental fortitude (which you also hold). You wrote: "Without strong confidence comes weakness of character, which is often latent." So according to you, when driven to their limits psychological factors end up causing men not necessarily to quit-- but also sometimes get killed - if they switched off the accelerator? How could this possibly be 'true'? [The following sentence is a perfunctory response of me summarizing something in relation 2 LKH's essay.
As for similarities between girls' write-up and my comments on PRT: In both cases, we seem busy characterizing what got 'em there [here]. What's different, afterthoughts-wise? That is my first comment LKH had this to say: "Athletic ability is not a genetic cognitive function that does not admit anything about the coach or model." - so he was saying we're here for developmental psychological research on training methods only. Not applying psychological theory as implying fitness shouldn't be trained practically at all (or otherwise).
0 Comments